Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Writer's Block Break Up Letter .

We did this prompt this week . It was more fun then I thought it would be . Very liberating .

It’s time for you and Writer’s Block to part ways. Write a letter breaking up with Writer’s Block, starting out with, “Dear Writer’s Block, it’s not you, it’s me … .”
Post your response (500 words or less)

Dear Writer’s Block,

It’s not you, it’s me.

And while staring at the screen for hours with nothing to write was fun.
I’m going to have to let you go.
But hey, don’t be sad you will always have the memories.

Late night headaches, the time I threatened to throw my keyboard, and a good game of angry birds.

Oh those were the days!
But don’t you worry about me I have a date with the hottest twins in town, Creative and Inspiration.
Unlike you they come headache free and always have good ideas to give me.

In fact I know I will be so much happier with them.
I been waiting a long time to say this but ha I am free!
Your shackles will no longer hold me down.
Don’t call me, don’t even look my way!

If our paths never cross again I will be delighted.

What’s that? I sound bitter? I have every right to be.

Take a good look at yourself no one wants you.
Even your so called “friends” talk behind your back .

Oh to be honest I lied.

It’s not me , it has always been you .

It’s been great but let’s not meet again.

Sincerely,
Me .

P.S. Your stuff makes a awesome bon fire !

2 comments:

  1. Dear Writers Block,

    It’s not you, it’s me. I can assure you writing this letter is harder on me than it is on you. See I have been unfaithful. No, I haven’t physically crossed any lines yet but late in the afternoon at stop lights or train crossings alone in my car I find my heart wandering as I compose words. At first it was just a few random thoughts and before I knew it I had paragraphs. I find the draw to put pen to paper overwhelming. Maybe you are right I should seek professional help. But whether or not I do, for us I am afraid it is already too late. So I must say good-bye.

    I wish you nothing but happiness. No, that is not true, I wish you nothing,

    mlb

    ReplyDelete