Thursday, September 15, 2011

Not Your Average Pet. (Writing Prompt.)

Another prompt getting a little better at word limit just went over 18 this time ^^; .

Here's the prompt .
A friend knocks on your door. Her father has had a heart attack and she must leave town immediately to visit—only problem is she needs someone to watch over her very unusual pet.

Post your response (500 words or less)

Half awake I open the door.

“Please it’s an emergency can you take care of my pet? “

I run my fingers through my messy hair “What’s going on Angie ?”

“Dad had a heart attack.” She says her voice shaking.

Tears run down her face as she looks up at me “Please you’re the only one I can trust. “

I sigh “Just what kind of pet are we talking about? “

She smiles “Good so you will help ! “

Before I could say no she drags me out of my house to her house across from me .
I begin to have second thoughts as we step into her house.
My whole being is telling me to run away.

“Angie …”

She ignores my pleading look “ Now here’s my cell only call if it’s a emergency .”

How bad can it be I tell myself it’s only a pet .

As she slips out the door she yells back “ His food is in the fridge . “ “Make sure he gets plenty!"

Curious I open the fridge and to my disgust it is filled with blood bags.
Maybe my friend is crazy this surely can’t be his food .

To calm my nerves I walk around the house searching for her pet .
“ Here kitty kitty “ “Here doggy doggy or whatever you are . “

One moment I’m calling out the next I am laid out on the floor with strong hands around my neck .

“Who are you ? “ He hisses .

I look back at the blood red eyes in amazement beside the strange eyes above me is the most handsome man I have ever seen.

“Pet sitter. “ I mumble. “Can I have my neck back please? “

He growls but lets go . “Worthless woman I told her I could manage on my own. “

“Who are you ? “ I say as I finally get my strength back.

He stands me up and looks me up and down curiously. “The pet .” he says disgusted .

He leans in and whispers into my ear “Your kind call me a vampire. “

My heart starts to beat rapidly and my hands begin to sweat. How can this be ?

“Oh I get it ! “ “This is just all a elaborate prank .” “Vampire yeah right ! “

A roar of laughter escapes my lips and I slap the man on the back .
“ Good one .”

He lifts me up with ease stopping my laughter and lays me out on the couch.
As he hoovers over me I am frozen not even a cry can escape my lips.

He whispers into my ear “Let me show how real I am. “

My eyes go wide as his fangs come out.

He lifts my finger to touch one with a gentle touch blood flows from my finger.
He smiles as he watches me become filled with fear.

“You smell delicious.” He purrs.

Slowly he leans in and sinks his fangs into my flesh .

No comments:

Post a Comment