Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Cookie.

This week my friends and I did this writing prompt . This one was a real fun one to do .
I came up with five different stories to do with it . If I get time maybe I will try to do another one of this one .

Here it is .
One day you come into work and find a cookie mysteriously placed on your desk. Grateful to whoever left this anonymous cookie, you eat it. The next morning you come in and find another cookie. This continues for months until one day a different object is left–and this time there’s a note.

(500 words or less) .

I went over 28 words :/ I'm bad with staying short.

I was having a horrible day being forced to do all of my coworkers errands.

“Lazy good for nothings. “ I mutter under my breath.

As I approach my desk I sigh as I see a huge stack of paper work. I was ready to just sneak out of there when I saw a beautiful cookie left on my desk.
I look around to see if anyone is giggling. But everyone seems unaware of this cookie.
I sniff it and nibble it cautiously.

I shrug as I stuff the rest of the cookie in my mouth I mean what’s the worse that could happen it’s just a cookie.
I smile maybe there are kind people in this place.

To my surprise the next day I find another cookie. And the day after that, and so on.
Always a new flavor, always a flavor I like. After a month I couldn’t start my day without my cookie.

Several months pass the cookie is the staple to my day. I cannot even tell you how important that simple cookie meant to me. It had become like a drug to me with my cookie I could deal with anything.

Everybody would ask my secret how I could be so happy.
How could I be the same person they knew who once walked around work like a zombie and complained constantly?
And like always I smile and walk away.

On a dark dreary day a cloud of doom seems to envelop the office.
The regional manager calls us in one by one and yells at every one of us. I become jittery as he talks to me biting my lip, biding my time.

Just a little more I tell myself then your day will be ok because there will be a cookie waiting for you.
He grows tired of me as I will not speak and sends me back. I walk as fast as I can on a verge of tears.

I sigh a sigh of relief as I reach my desk.
But to my dismay there is not a cookie. And that was it the tears come out as I search franticly looking under my desk, in my trash bin everywhere.

No cookie. What have I done to not deserve my precious cookie? That cookie was my everything! Of all days why today?
I sink into my chair giving up.
As lay my head down its then that I see it a little black box and a note. Curious I open the note.

To the one I admire,

I have always been watching you. Loving you from afar.

Did you enjoy my cookies? I enjoyed watching you eat them.

I finally have the courage after several months to tell you my true feelings.

Love,
Peter.

I open the box and see a beautiful engagement ring as I open it a handsome man goes on one knee beside me.

“Will you marry me? “

“Yes.” I say with delight.

________________________________

Far off in space two gray beings watch their monitor as the scene unfolds.

“Experiment 04567 complete.” The computer announces.

The beings nod to each other.

“Experiment 04568 commencing.” The computer chirps.

No comments:

Post a Comment