Sunday, November 20, 2011

Super Power Prompt.

You wake up one day with an unusual super power that seems pretty worthless—until you are caught in a situation that requires that specific “talent.”

Everyone dreams of one day getting a superpower the power to fly perhaps?
The ability of super strength or to read minds. Those kind of fun things.
On the day before my twenty-first birthday my uncle pulls me aside and explains to me that our family has a secret.
On our twenty-first birthday we develop a super power.
So though a part of me doubted him another part was excited.

My power? The power to cry how lame is that ?

Now I am sure you have met girls who tear up at will .
But in a instant I could cry not just tears I mean really cry .
And no one could doubt my tears not even my family .
So maybe you think I used it to get my way with people ,well I didn't .
That's just not me so this superpower went on a mental shelf collecting dust.

Until that fateful night when a customer at my hated retail job made me snap .
It had been a long day at the customer service desk and just as I'm ready to shut it down this red head lady walks up to the desk .

She is wearing a expensive dress and bright red high heels, early thirty's I assume .
She is the kind you know the type that goes around with the air of I am too good to shop here, and you must be stupid cause you work here .

"Sorry we are closed. " I say.

"I really need this done and its 9:56 pm, still time till you close. “She says .

I bite my lip " Fine what do you need ? "

"I need to return this mp3 player and I want cash back ." She says.

I raise a eyebrow "Do you have a receipt? "

"Well of course not who keeps those! " She exclaims .

"Well then I can't help you maybe we can exchange it for the same one." I say .

"That won't do I need the cash. " She says .

"Sorry I can't help you then. " I say .

"Listen you redneck,good for nothing just do your job . " She says.

"Would you like to talk to a manger ? " I suggest .

She proceeds to tell the manger how I have been nothing but rude to her .
He says sorry but I am right without a receipt we cannot give her the cash .
You think she would leave then but oh no. I shut down the area the whole time she watches me whispering comments.
I try my best to ignore it soon I can go home .
I take my time going to the back and clocking out . I buy a simple tv dinner and head out the door .

As I start to put the key in my car door she approaches me .
"I won’t forget your rudeness . " She says .
"Please step away I am off the clock." I say .
"You know what's wrong with you people . " She says pointing her finger in my chest.

"Look lady , I don't care so back off . " I say .

She tilts her head "Or you will what ? Hide behind another manger?" She taunts me and pushes me lightly .

I reach in my purse and pull out a pistol "Or I will shoot. " I say.

She backs up a step and I thought I could get back to my life .
But that lady just laughs and laughs and once again pushes me a little harder. "Quit." I growl .

"I dare you . " She says .
"Excuse me ? " I ask.
"I dare you to shoot me ." She chuckles.

I shrug and unlock my car door that should have been it but no she grabs my keys and dangles them high up .
"Give me my keys back! " I demand .
"No." She says .

I don't even blink I shoot her in the head and she dies.
I grab my keys and smile serves her right.
Then reality hits me mangers dash towards with having heard the shot.

"What happened? " He asks.
I drop my gun and cry .
He wraps his arm around me "It will be ok ." He says .
I nod and whisper "She tried to kill me . " I lie .
He does not doubt me .

The police ask for me to tell them again what happen.
And then I cry so much they become uncomfortable in their chairs.
I tell them the same thing between sobs and they believe me .

They find me a great lawyer not that I needed him on the stand I cry with a simple blink .
As I stand to hear my charges I hold my breath.
The judge reads the verdict "Not guilty."

And one last time I cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment